DYNDNS has my domain names, ZoneEdit provides the namesevers.

Ben25

I have had my domains registered and DYNDNS for years. ZoneEdit nameservers handles that part.

Can I transfer my domain from DynDNS to ZoneEdit so that they can handle the registration and the nameserving?

Thanks.

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
hi there
zoneedit can be the registrar for com net org ca us ch biz info domains so if your domains are any of those then there should be a Switch Registrar link on the domain settings tabs for each domain name :)

thanks

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
the EPP code is a code generated by a domains registrar that is used to confirm a registrar transfer from one registrar to another.

It is required to confirm a registrar transfer

Ben25

DynDNS seems to have no way to generate an EPP/Auth code. It merely says unlock it and commence transfer from t his end.
Am I missing something?

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
are you sure its
self-wrighiting.net
?
the domain
self-wrighiting.net
is not yet a registered domain name.

thanks

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
:)

Ok its a .net domain anyways and as such an auth code is required to confirm a registrar transfer.. there is no way around it.

it is required.

thanks

Ben25

OK. Thanks.
It's due to expire in 4 days. I don't believe that they will allow a transfer until it expires.
After it expires I can simply register it with ZoneEdit.
Is there a waiting period before I can do that after it expires?

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
they should allow a transfer as long as the domain is not expired...
with concerns to registering it as new... each registrar has their own policies on when they will let a domain become available for a new registration and if they will allow it at all.. some hold them indefinitely and sell them via domain auctions... for zoneedit it is approx 75 days... after expiration that its released for public registration.. if the domain is very important to you I would suggest you renew it at the current registrar before transferring to another registrar.. just to be on the safe side.

Ben25

Hello again. It's that time of year.
Last year I transferred on of my domains from DynDNS, (now Name), and this year I want to transfer my other one.
I am in the process of doing that. I have two domain names and ZoneEdit provides the NS services for both, but they are under two different names; this is a carry over from one of the companies you bought up years ago.
I want to amalgamate all my services with ZoneEdit into one account. I see no obvious way to do that.
How do I go about doing that?

Ben25

I have two domains. Both were registered with DYNDNS, (Name) but ZoneEdit does the name serving for both.
Last year I moved one registration to ZoneEdit. I wanted to move both of them but one was not within the 30 days.
This year I want to move the last one, (registration), to ZoneEdit.

So, now I have two situations.

1) I have two accounts with ZoneEdit. (Back when I created them you could only have one domain per account). I want to merge both accounts into one. It's a bloody nuisance the way that it is right now.

2) I want to transfer the last registration from Name to that merged ZoneEdit account, (yet to be merged).

What is the best way to proceed with that?

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
if yoiu use the procedure here/:
you can move one domain into the other account so all domains are accessed with a single set of access credentials.

for the new registrar transfer in.. if you click manage next to the domain name and select the Domain Settings tab.. is there a Switch Registrar link? if not please let me know the domain name of concern

regards.