Dynamic IP update issue

Alex Popovskiy

Hi, I have a problem with dynamic dns records for my domain (lzone.org.ua). The problem is that I see correct IP in Zoneedit control panel, but 'nslookup lzone.org.ua' returns invalid, old IP (my provider changes IP every 24 hours). As a workaround I can go to cp.zoneedit.com/manage/domains/dyn/ click edit->next->confirm and after that I get correct IP from DNS

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Alex.

hmm. is this still happening to the domain name presently?

thanks
sandy

sfhost1

I'm also having this dynamic IP problem on domain "home.fleece.name".

ddclient update client works:
Apr 30 00:15:20 akra ddclient[25280]: SUCCESS: updating home.fleece.name: IP address set to 208.61.65.105 (200: home.fleece.name updated to 208.61.65.105)
zoneedit.com control panel shows IP set correctly.

Assigned zoneedit nameservers respond to DNS requests with wrong IP (as of Apr 30 18:30 EDT):

$ nslookup
> server ns2.zoneedit.com
Default server: ns2.zoneedit.com
Address: 166.88.18.58#53
> home.fleece.name
Server: ns2.zoneedit.com
Address: 166.88.18.58#53

Name: home.fleece.name
Address: 208.61.65.31
> server ns9.zoneedit.com
Default server: ns9.zoneedit.com
Address: 23.27.48.60#53
> home.fleece.name
Server: ns9.zoneedit.com
Address: 23.27.48.60#53

Name: home.fleece.name
Address: 208.61.65.31

Roliverio

I'm also having issues updating my dynamic records. While checking the IP from zoneedit web panel seems to show the correct IP , but, when i query the two Zoneedit DNS servers that are associated with my domains/account they return one of my old IP Addresses. (it's worth noting that i use Dynamic Tokens to update, don't know if that helps or has any relation with the issue)

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
Roliverio... can you let me know the domain name please.

thanks
sandy

buzzlightyear

I'm having this exact same issue. Ive attached screenshots showing me querying the DNS servers, as well as what the control panel shows.

Attachments

• zoneedit1.PNG
    zoneedit1.PNG
    47.7 KB · Views: 2
  • zoneedit2.PNG
    zoneedit2.PNG
    8.2 KB · Views: 1

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Buzz.

your domain has en manually reloading and working fine now. Please let us know if the error is ongoing.

thanks
sandy

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
Alex.

question on a bug we are looking into on this. when you first added the domain to your account, did you import a zone file via the zone file import utility?
or add the zone manually via the DNS settings pages...

thanks
sandy

Alex Popovskiy

I added the zone manually via Zoneedit's CP. I'm not sure if it makes any difference, but I'm a 'legacy' free dns user. My account was created before Zoneedit became a part of easyDns

Last edited:

buzzlightyear

Hi Buzz.

your domain has en manually reloading and working fine now. Please let us know if the error is ongoing.

thanks
sandy

Hi Sandy,

The problem is ongoing. Currently the ip in the control panel is up to date, 105.210.113.35.

nslookup returns 105.210.89.17, which is an ip last allocated to me on the 11th, the session lasted until the 12th at 18:00.

Logs from my dns client:

2015-05-12 16:52:48 Update success: <SUCCESS CODE="200" TEXT="dewet.org.za updated to 105.210.89.17" ZONE="dewet.org.za" />
2015-05-13 16:40:56 Update success: <SUCCESS CODE="200" TEXT="dewet.org.za updated to 105.210.113.35" ZONE="dewet.org.za" />

Regards,

buzzlightyear

My ip did not update for 2 days. I've now forced a new session, and the control panel shows 105.210.109.25 but nslookup returns the previous ip. I have a wildcard and testing with unique different names every time, but they all return the old ip instead of the new one.

It's like the zones aren't reloading on the nameservers?

sfhost1

The problem is still continuing since 4/30/2015 for me and my domain at easyDNS. I'm also a legacy Zoneedit user.

Brad C.

Administrator
Staff member
We've corrected the problem that was preventing your zones from being updated properly after a DYN update. This bug was affecting sub-domain zones only (ex. home.test.net). Sorry for the trouble.

Brad C.