Dynamic DNS Dyn Records not Synchronising automatically with external Name Servers

dannyc

Hi,

I have been having the same problem with dynamic DNS for the domain fredcooper.info.

The name servers are set to the zoneedir name servers, however for the last couple of months my ddclient is working correctly and updates are received by zoneedit, but the new IP address is only propagated once I have logged into the zoneedit website go to dynamic DNS settings to do an update (no changes) and click next.

So it looks like you have a server side problem to propagated dynamic updates.

Is there a solution to this problem?

Many Thanks

Danny

pcarnegie

Hi Danny

This problem was fixed about a month ago, ie 2019-09-08, and you're seeing it about a month later, ie 2019-10-09. I'm suspicious that it's 1 month later, seems to me that perhaps some kind of automatic update mechanism has kicked in, or "change control" has permitted a change into the DNS enviropnment. I'll have to drop and reconnect my ISP connection and see if the dreaded "DNS propagation" problem has returned :(:(:(:(

I really hope it hasn't 'cos it's a pita.

Peter

dhandley

Hmm I seem to experiencing the same issues outlined above
Again my DDNS is refusing to update I have checked my router configuration which doesn't appear to have changed

It is configured to utilise Zonedit with the user name and PW combo of "My ZonEdit UserName" and My ZonEdit auth Code" having checked my ZonEdit record it still shows an incorrect IP address. When I try and update this from my router I receive the following error Connection error - Request failed

Having manually updated my external address this morning against my records then all appears to work OK as expected however the router refresh still fails with the error Connection error - Request failed therefore its only a matter of time before the connectivity fails again.

I have read the above posts suggesting if I understand it correctly to use the DYN Token as my password in my router authentication however this still fails. Using either my Zonedit logon password, auth code or DYN token all fails

Where am I going wrong

Doug

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
thanks... the dyn requests are coming in to rapid a succession every two minutes .. I have changed the TTL on the record to be 600 seconds to help avoid that error.

regards

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Doug. can yo please log into your easyDNS account and click the get Support link top right and send this in in a ticket :)
make the subject line attn sandy.

thanks.

dhandley

Hi Doug. can yo please log into your easyDNS account and click the get Support link top right and send this in in a ticket :)
make the subject line attn sandy.

thanks.
Hi Sandy I eventually realised I needed to open a support ticket and did this as per below My Host name is doug-handyman.com I have checked this morning and my router still retuns the following error. Connection error - Request failed

If I check the DDNS directly from my web cam it also shows an error

Doug

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hmm I seem to experiencing the same issues outlined above
Again my DDNS is refusing to update I have checked my router configuration which doesn't appear to have changed

It is configured to utilise Zonedit with the user name and PW combo of "My ZonEdit UserName" and My ZonEdit auth Code" having checked my ZonEdit record it still shows an incorrect IP address. When I try and update this from my router I receive the following error Connection error - Request failed

Having manually updated my external address this morning against my records then all appears to work OK as expected however the router refresh still fails with the error Connection error - Request failed therefore its only a matter of time before the connectivity fails again.

I have read the above posts suggesting if I understand it correctly to use the DYN Token as my password in my router authentication however this still fails. Using either my Zonedit logon password, auth code or DYN token all fails

Where am I going wrong

Doug

dhandley

Well I've been checking for a parameters to amend the DDNS refresh times and can't find anything covering my router
At times like I ask what's changed to stop things from working correctly. My only conclusion from my end is I had a new Router in April of this year however all seems to have been ok with this from April May Jun July Aug whereupon I think my problem started.

My immediate thoughts turn to whats changed at your end as I'm not the only person to be experiencing this issue.

Having generated a new Auth code just now then the DDNS from my router seems to be working OK in that I now get a connected message. I'm presuming this is perhaps because of the new auth code which is in effect being treated as new DNS record and therefore isn't as yet blocked by ZoneEdit for being updated too frequently ??

doug-handyman.com