DNS not updating

Fred de Jong

Hello,
Suddenly the DNS records for my domain name teawhaplace.net stopped up dating automatically. I have read some previous posts on this and it appears it can happen for some reasons. Please advise how to get things working again.

Thanks

Chris Cherry

Zoneedit Support
Hello Fred,

By updating automatically do you mean via Dynamic updates? At this point, the records in your DNS for teawhaplace.net show as A Records and not DYN Records so they would need to be updated manually.

Can you please elaborate on your setup for automatic updating. If you do update Dynamically, what are you using (Software or Hardware?).

Fred de Jong

Hello Fred,

By updating automatically do you mean via Dynamic updates? At this point, the records in your DNS for teawhaplace.net show as A Records and not DYN Records so they would need to be updated manually.

Can you please elaborate on your setup for automatic updating. If you do update Dynamically, what are you using (Software or Hardware?).

Fred de Jong

Thanks for your reply. I have been using Direct Update v4.7.7 (directupdate.net) running on a local pc for several years to report the WAN IP to Zoneedit. I'm not so familiar with this stuff and must have changed something to cause this issue. How do I change from A record to Dyn record please.

Thanks

Chris Cherry

Zoneedit Support
Fred,

I checked your DNS settings again and I see some DYN records for the root and www - did you happen to figure this out?

One note I would make is to ask if you can update the TTL on those records to 600 seconds. Current 0.

Fred de Jong

Yes. I should have thought about this and looked around a little before bothering you, sorry. I have updated the TTL values and will see how it goes now.

Thanks very much for your prompt responses to my issue.