DNS malfunction.

Terry Ulinski

After being a customer for MANY years, this morning, my site is now unavailable. After doing tests, it seems to be an issue with ZoneEdit.

My domain of: uhtc.net was working perfectly fine last night, and now when I do a ping, or lookup, or anything of uhtc.net, it comes back with: uhtc.net.net (an extra .net at the end), and the IP is completely wrong.

Since there is no "direct" contact to Zone Edit to have them look into it, I have to make this a public issue.

Please look into it and resolve it ASAP.

Thanks

Terry Ulinski

To help track down which DNS servers that my domain is using:

Name Server: NS12.ZONEEDIT.COM
Name Server: NS7.ZONEEDIT.COM

Please fix this!

Mark Jeftovic (#fb)

Administrator
Staff member
This is working as far as I can tell. Your domain renewal date was just on May 18, is it possible it expired with your registrar and you renewed it?

Terry Ulinski

And all of a sudden, it is resolving properly again, shortly before you replied. I did have a ticket in with NameAlerts as well as this forum entry, so thanks to whoever actually fixed the issue.

Terry Ulinski

I just went through every email I got from ZoneEdit, all the way back to before the migration took place, and I never received any information on the requirement to change the nameservers from the registrar that I use. The link you posted shows how to change the nameservers, but doesn't really say to "use these" ... Under my domain's name, and nameservers, I don't have the option to change, but only an output of the following:

Available ZoneEdit Nameservers
ZoneEdit is not the registrar for uhtc.net

The following nameservers can be used with this domain:

• ns12.zoneedit.com
  • ns7.zoneedit.com

Terry Ulinski

BTW, Yes, I do realize that I have to change it on NameAlert's site, not here on ZoneEdit, as you are not the registrar. All I need to know, is which nameserver(s) to change over there. (I am still digging to find the email for uhtc.net, as I did find the one for the other domain that I use ZoneEdit for though, and have changed that nameserver entry)

Thanks.

Terry Ulinski

I never did get an email for that domain. Could you please let me know which name server that was in the email that you stated that should have been sent?

Thanks