Confirm transfer of domain

Independent

HI, We had an IT person set up our domain and he had it under his Zoneedit account. When he left, he thought he transferred the domain to independent. When I log in as independent, I do not see the domain. When I ask for a new password and search for domain, the security questions are not my questions. When I search through email or login name, I get my security questions. Long story short, how can I check the the domain independent.k12.mt.us was transferred to independent. Thank you for any help.

zesupport

Staff member
Hello, the subdomain DNS account for independent.k12.mt.us is not in the user account: independent.

If you can not reach the old IT person involved to move the domain name- we require the following to grant you access:

1. Create a new ZoneEdit account by going to: https://www.zoneedit.com/sign-up/
2. Go to your domain's registrar and update the NS configuration (do not delete your current servers!) to include verify.zoneedit.com.
independent.k12.mt.us is a subdomain of k12.mt.us with its own NS records pointing to the ZE nameservers- add the verify.zoneedit.com to those NS records for the subdomain.
3. Reply to this email ticket and supply your NEW ZoneEdit user created in Step #1.
4. Delete verify.zoneedit.com from your name server configuration once the domain has been moved to the new account.

best,
Sarah
ZE Support

Independent

Hello, Sarah!

We are ready for the next step. As per instructions, we have added the requested and created a new use account named independentschool
Thank you for the help to transfer the subdomain.

Have a great day!

zesupport

Staff member
Hello- I do not see the verify.zoneedit.com nameserver record added:

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;independent.k12.mt.us. IN NS

;; ANSWER SECTION:
independent.k12.mt.us. 3459 IN NS ns7.zoneedit.com.
independent.k12.mt.us. 3459 IN NS ns18.zoneedit.com.

;; Query time: 0 msec
;; SERVER: 127.0.0.1#53(127.0.0.1)
;; WHEN: Wed Jun 26 20:38:42 2019
;; MSG SIZE rcvd: 88

Independent

Tue, Jun 25, 12:40 PM (1 day ago)
Hi Sheila,

I've added verify.zoneedit.com to the list of name servers for independent.k12.mt.us. You now have:

independent.k12.mt.us. 43200 IN NS ns7.zoneedit.com.
independent.k12.mt.us. 43200 IN NS ns18.zoneedit.com.
independent.k12.mt.us. 43200 IN NS verify.zoneedit.com.

You should now be able to transfer the domain. Let us know when you are done and we can remove this entry.

~~~~~~

This is what was sent to me stating it was done. Does it take time to populate? Please advise. ~Sheila

zesupport

Staff member
Ok- I can now see the NS record added! I have moved the domain into your new account.
You can now remove the verify record, Thanks!

best,
Sarah
ZE Support