Change of NS partially updated 5 days later

devpascoe

5 days ago i changed my name servers to point to CloudFlare. Updating the NS records under DNS was no issue. Propagation initiated and checking using a website like whatsmydns i can see half of the world's servers are reflecting my change. However after 5 days i'm still waiting on the others. Usually a name server propagation shouldn't take longer than 48 hours. What could be going wrong?

devpascoe

*********.com
I decided to remove the time field to set ttl to default and saved about an hour ago. So last updated date would have changed.

Last edited:

zeadmin

Administrator
Staff member
You will need to go to the registrar and remove the Zone Edit name servers and delegate to the cloud flare name servers.

zeadmin

Administrator
Staff member
You added NS records for the root but these name servers are not delegated at your registrar. They will not work.
If you are removing a DNS provider- you need to remove their name servers from the Registrar and then delegate the new name servers at the registrar. Only sub domain NS records will work.

devpascoe

I’ll investigate further but my impression was that zoneedit was the domain registrar and dns host. Not just dns host.

devpascoe

Indeed you are correct, domain registrar is elsewhere. I presumed all was with zoneedit.
Must have been a misconfiguration by changing the @ NS server settings since you can only change subdomain NS settings with zoneedit.
Thank you.

Last edited: