Change IP to that of new server does not work

lsrmgr

I have been running a web server using apache, zoneedit, and ddclient on a pogo plug (192.168.1.215) for ten years. I set up a new server with the same software on an udoo (192.168.1.146). I tried to change the IP address to that of the new server by running ddclient with the following configuration file;

pid=/var/run/ddclient.pid
protocol=zoneedit1
use=web, web=checkip.dyndns.org
use=if, if=enp2s0 <- from ifconfig output
# server=dynamic.zoneedit.com
server=api.cp.zoneedit.com
login=lsrmgr
password='password'
verbose=yes
larsonsharesite.net

Every thing runs OK with no errors and the new IP address is shown. However, the web pages that show up on my web site are those on the old server. After turning off the old server, no web pages appear. Any help will be appreciated.

Chris Cherry

Zoneedit Support
I don't see any Dynamic DNS records configured on larsonsharesite.net. There is just one A record configured for:

www.larsonsharesite.net. 3600 IN A 73.26.147.235

Additionally, the "password" should be your dynamic Auth-Token which is created when you enable the DYN DNS records.

Refer to:

lsrmgr

Chris,
Thanks for your reply. I used the DNS link, that you sent, to update. The new IP address now appears under the "DYN records". I then ran ddclient again using Auth-Token as the password. There were no error messages. Unfortunately, I still get the information from the old server when I sign in to larsonsharesite.net. This probably a bad thing to do, but I am wondering if putting the IP address from the old web server into the new server, as a permanent static address, would bring up it`s web pages?

Chris Cherry

Zoneedit Support
Well, the first thing is you're referring to 192.xxx.xxx.xxx class IP addresses which are private local network addresses. The DNS on our end should only contain public IP addresses. You wouldn't want to put a 192.xxx.xxx.xxx IP address as your DYN Record.