Catch-all email account

shermanator

Can I set up an email account in web.zone as a Catch-all such that <anything>@<mydomain> will be accepted into the email account? Can I do this with the "Hobby" account, or do I need a higher level account? I don't need a web server, just DNS and a catch-all email.

Chris Cherry

Zoneedit Support
Hello shermanator,

Is your domain just using the web.zone or do you have it using our DNS? If you could provide me with the domain name I can see what services it has.

shermanator

I was planning on switchng the DNS over to you also, but that is not where it is now. I would have the non MX records pointing to another IP address. Right now, my ISP is hosting the DNS and email, but I am trying to get rid of them because they have zero customer service. The domain is shermanator.net.

Chris Cherry

Zoneedit Support
Thank you for confirming. If you use our DNS service, you'll have the ability to use "mailmaps" (aka email forwarding). Mailmaps can do the Catch-all services where you create * and point it to a destination address. So it's not the web.zone that would do that service, rather the DNS portion of the service that offers the Mailmaps