Adding a new domain to my account

StoneC0ld

Hey all,

I have a legacy free account, with 4 free slots, and would like to add an existing domain to one of those slots. I already have one domain registered elsewhere that I manage on zoneedit, so I know the system allows the domain to be registered on a different registrar and managed here.....

Is it still possible to add a second domain to manage on my zoneedit account without moving the domain registration? The two possible places I could find that look like what I need, both say I cannot add the domain....

When I try adding it with the "Add free DNS Domain you have already registered", checking all the boxes except the last/optional one and answering the captcha, it just says "You cannot add this domain here". No apparent reason why I cannot add this domain here....

Last edited:

Chris Cherry

Zoneedit Support
You don't need to transfer the domain to use the Free DNS slot.

Can you provide the domain name that you're trying to add?

Chris Cherry

Zoneedit Support
I added the domain without issue using the Free option (with the last transfer box unchecked).

ZoneEdit-Control-Panel-Domain-Administration.png

I've deleted the domain, so please try again.

Chris Cherry

Zoneedit Support
Can you provide screenshots of the before/after results when attempting to add the domain for DNS services?

Chris Cherry

Zoneedit Support
Thank you for providing the visual. Everything looks right.

I suspect the use of "IRC" is being disallowed. It must have been allowed for me due to being a staff account. I'll likely need to add it in manually for you. I'll check on this tomorrow once we're back on duty.

Happy New Year!

StoneC0ld

Hey,
I heard from Mark. Yes, I was hitting a pre-screening roadblock. He whitelisted me, so it's now added. Now, just waiting for the nameservers change to propagate.
Thanks, and Happy New Year! :)