2 Factor Isn't Working with Google Authenticator

tedkitch

I changed my 2 factor to use Google Authenticator instead of email. Now I can't login. Every token I use says invalid. Setup was fine.

When I clicked on get support, I got an email saying that because I was a free customer I had to come to the forum. I tried to do the password reset, but once I've used the new password I still get the fail at the token. I've searched and I can't find anything that would help me. I'm posting here because I don't know what else to do.

The sad part is I wanted to purchase more credits from the sale email, but I can't do that because I can't login. I also don't understand why I'm on the free tier when I had purchased credits before the merge. I originally had a free account, but I did purchase credits.

Regardless, I also find it funny that the email I received has the following statement:

P.S If you are already a paid user, please use the "Get Support" when logged into your control panel.

How can I do that when I can't log in? Where am I supposed to go to get help, if I can't log in?

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
I am sorry to hear this, can you please let me know a domain name in your account.

thanks
sandy

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
I have disabled the two factor auth... can you log in now?

and then set the google auth again and let me know what happens.

thanhks
samdy

tedkitch

I was able to log in, set up Google Authenticator again, log out and back in many times. Everything seems to be working now. Any idea what the issue was?

Thanks for the prompt response.

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
sorry no.. it is strange as we have not received any other reports on the Google auth acting up...

thanks
sandy