possible australian bigpond holding back redirected emails again

Chris Cherry

Zoneedit Support
Hi Bruce,

Thank you for reporting this. We'll take a look and see if it's the same issue.

BIJ

thanks chris, if you can, pls ask sandy neale as he fixed it quickly last time. he told me that i cannot do it myself in the future.... bruce

BIJ

chris,
i checked my bigpond server mailbox for my genuineparts@bigpond.com.
there's nothing in the inbox.
so, it must be clagged up at the zoneedit end..?
thanks.
bruce
ps. ...or does it just mean that bigpond stopped the redirected zoneedit mail arriving there in to begin with...?

BIJ

chris....anything happening....sorry but i'm expecting some important letters.... bruce

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
hi there... the logs indicate that the message are being received at bigpond...

Sep 17 04:17:13 mxc01-zpc postsrsd[4050]: srs_forward: <genuineparts@bigpond.com> rewritten as <SRS0=oPQu=L7=bigpond.com=genuineparts@srszone.org> Sep 17 04:17:14 mxc01-zpc postfix/qmgr[1179]: B7A3E122613: from=<SRS0=oPQu=L7=bigpond.com=genuineparts@srszone.org>, size=4123, nrcpt=1 (queue active) Sep 17 04:17:17 mxc01-zpc postfix/smtp[3717]: B7A3E122613: to=<genuineparts@bigpond.com>, orig_to=<bruce@foxquote.com.au>, relay=extmail.bigpond.com[203.36.137.234]:25, delay=4.2, delays=0.98/0.01/1.8/1.5, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (250 <5B84DF0F07569C20> Mail accepted)

there are also a fair number of incoming mails for the domain name which are being rejected because the senders' IP addresses don't match their stated hostnames... these will alays fail our spam protocalls.

thanks.

BIJ

sorry sandy, i do not understand this, "..rejected because the senders' IP addresses don't match their stated hostnames.. "
what has changed i wonder? what must be done to restore normal email flow?
bruce

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
h there .... for .rejected because the senders' IP addresses don't match their stated hostnames.. " say your domain name is sending from mail.domain.com from IP 1.2.3.4 but we do a check on mail.domain.com and find that there is a reverse record ( PTR) on 1.2.3.4 and it points to mail.differentdomain.com.. we then see this as posible spam or forged mail headers and as such it will not pass through our mail servers.

thanks

BIJ

i don't understand this sandy. what does all this mean? nothing my end has changed. can you pls fix this for me? i really am expecting some important letters. bruce.

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
it means email coming from an open relay or forged mail server is being sent to you.. our servers see this as potential spam and as such we will not allow those messages through.. there is nothing for us to fix.. it would be up to the administrators of the mail servers sending to you to fix their mail server configurations... what domain name are you expecting email sent to you from?