Zoneout problems, Linux Postfix

Stuart Carmichael

I'm a legacy user who just signed up for Zoneout (as my ISP's mail service is unreliable). I've got all the details I need (apparently), but want to check my config. I'm an old grey haired UNIX admin who last supported sendmail before all this security rubbish became mandatory, so I'm struggling with the SSL/TLS side of things.

Config is Centos 7.x, Postfix 2.10. I've configured main.cf as:
relayhost = [mailout4.zoneedit.com]:587
smtp_use_tls = yes
mydomain = my.domain (ie the one I've sibscribed for)
(the rest is essentially out of the box)

I've populated /etc/postfix/sasl_password on the postfix server with:
mailout4.zoneedit.com:587 username:password (as given by zoneout)

So a simple test, eg:
echo test|mailx -s "test" someone@somewhere.com

returns an error:
Aug 11 15:00:33 mail postfix/smtp[13291]: 8F8024246D: to=<someone@somewhere.com>, relay=mailout4.zoneedit.com[64.68.198.17]:587, delay=2.9, delays=0.02/0/2.5/0.38, dsn=5.7.1, status=bounced (host mailout4.zoneedit.com[64.68.198.17] said: 554 5.7.1 <someone@somewhere.com>: Relay access denied (in reply to RCPT TO command))

I'm thinking an authentication issue between my postfix and Zoneedit; I've got Squirrelmail (on another Linux server) quite happily sending directly to mailout.zoneedit.com with the appropriate credentials, although clunky it appears the Squirrelmail config may have been a bit easier than postfix.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
Hi there

can you please reply with the actual email addresses you are using.. in fact if you click the Get Support link at the top of the left side bar on your members page you will be able to send in a ticket directly to our support team

thanks
sandy