When I try to access a website I see a zoneedit page

mpropato

Hi,
I am having a very annoying issue when I am navigating the web sometimes I see a zoneedit webpage instead of the page I want to see. I attach a print screen of what I see. I do not know how to avoid this very annoying page that comes from time to time, if you can help me to find the cause of this issue I will appreciate, this is only happening when I am browsing with the wireline ISP. I hope some hints to solve this.
Thanks a lot

Martín

Attachments

• zoneedit redireccion.pdf
    70.4 KB · Views: 10

zesupport

Staff member
Hello,

What is the URL you are going to when you see this screen: just directly tudelft.nl?
Zone Edit is not the DNS provider so I can not directly look at what those name servers are providing. But some record must be pointing in error to that page. What exact URL is bringing up that page?

Sarah
ZE support

mpropato

Just to add more info, I attach a print screen of what I see, how come Zoneedit makes this page?

Attachments

• zoneedit webpage.pdf
    103.2 KB · Views: 1

zesupport

Staff member
I would contact the DNS provider to see where this record is pointing to.
One of the servers must be loading (round robin) this ZE Parked page IP.

sproskin

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Martin.

That page is the default page for a domain which has no records on our system. You can see this 'Park' page directly here: http://192.64.147.142/
For some reason you are hitting the Zoneedit nameservers when you look up tudelft.nl.

It doesn't look like your domain is (Or has been) delegated to Zoneedit, but that is the only way this could happen. Do you have any local caching nameservers which are perhaps pointing to any of the Zoneedit nameservers? They would be numbered from 1 to 16 in the format: ns1.zoneedit.com, ns2.zoneedit.com etc.

mpropato

Dear Sarah and Sproskin,

Thank you for your responses and hints, I corrected the DNS configuration in my machine and now it is working fine. Best Regards, Martín

sproskin

Administrator
Staff member
Excellent, good to hear.

It does come up from time to time, so no worries. Glad to hear it's sorted.