pkaam.net dns problem

ahrasis

I am using the legacy account with 5 domain in it. The latest one is pkaam.net which I bought few days back.

The problem is I have been trying to connect pkaam.net and tetuan.pkaam.net to my home server since this domain is bought and setup but failed until now. My dig on both came back empty until now.

My four other domains work fine for all this time, so, I am not so very sure why this one doesn't. Temporarily I am using pkaam.ddns.net for my home server but I really want to change to tetuan.pkaam.net instead.

So I am looking for a help, idea, suggestion etc. on how to resolve this one.

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
hi there

you had to sets of zoneedit nameservers delegated in the zone file.. this is now fixed.

you also have nameserver records set for tetuan.pkaam.net so the ddns for that record would not function properly as the zone for tetuan.pkaam.net would be handled by the
sch.my servers... is this intentional?

thanks
sandy

ahrasis

Yes. The nameserver records were fixed for tetuan.pkaam.net to be handled by the sch.my server which is actually having the same dynamic ip and also updated via ddns. Actually, it is never really intended that way but I was thinking it must be set up in such a way, so, I guess was wrong all this while for setting most of the subdomains in such a way then. If they are not needed yet will render the ddns record to be not functioning properly, then I think I should remove the nameserver records from all subdomains and use ddns instead.

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
you would only create ns records for sub domains if you wanted non zoneedit nameservers to be authoritative for that sub domain.

thanks
sandy