Need Help Transferring Domain From ZoneEdit to AIT Domains

tylerplaza

Long story short, a domain of ours was somehow acquired by ZoneEdit and I signed up for the domain name. Now I'm trying to transfer it back to my normal domain provider. I've tried everything including buying the $15 transfer package. What do I do to get this transfer started?

tylerplaza

I just started the ZoneEdit account this evening and acquired the domain name on that account. I can't access the WhoIs through ZoneEdit and I'm trying everything I can to get our domain name back. Help is greatly appreciated.

tylerplaza

yeah, it's rescuecalifornia.com.

Everytime I try to unlock the domain, I get the following error (screenshot attachment)

Then when I ask for the Auth Code, I get nothing.

Appreciate the help.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-06-08 at 8.58.21 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-06-08 at 8.58.21 AM.png
    258.1 KB · Views: 1

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
as the domain rescuecalifornia.com is currently with Godaddy you wold need to unlock the domain and get the auth code from Godady
and then e can resubmit the registrar transfer to zone edit. If you could please let me know when that has been done I can resubmit the transfer for you

thanks
sandy

tylerplaza

So I talked to GoDaddy and they said the domain name is registered at GoDaddy and the owner is "Internet Domain Admin Department"

My confusion comes from ZoneEdit/GoDaddy now. All nameservers on the WhoIs point to ZoneEdit and It led me to believe the account was here. I read up on ZoneEdit about the free domain etc. and made an account to see if I could grab rescuecalifornia.com. I was able to grab it on my ZoneEdit account as the last screenshot shows. But if it's currently with GoDaddy, then do I have the domain via ZoneEdit and am I able to initiate a transfer?

tylerplaza

GoDaddy said there isn't anything they can do to help me out here. Is there anything ZoneEdit can do since my ZoneEdit account shows I now own the free domain

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
zoneedit does not offer free domain names,.. only free DNS service for one domain name pr accont that you already have registered

if rescuecalifornia.com is not your domain name then you would not be able to request a registrar transfer.

Shall I go ahead and refund the registrar transfer invoice you paid?

thanks
sandy