Name servers changed but what about website files?

mbp1999

Domain is registered in one location.
Domain is added as a subdomain in another location under the primary hosting account.
How and where does ZoneEdit come in to play if the name servers need to point to the hosting account, but those are the name servers I would like hidden?

Thanks for any help.

zesupport

Staff member
Hello, If your web host is asking you to connect to them using their name servers- that means that they effectively become your DNS provider and your will be replacing Zone Edit.
If you wish to still use ZE as your DNS provider- then ask your webhost for a DNS record to use instead.

mbp1999

Hello, If your web host is asking you to connect to them using their name servers- that means that they effectively become your DNS provider and your will be replacing Zone Edit.
If you wish to still use ZE as your DNS provider- then ask your webhost for a DNS record to use instead.

The whole purpose in using ZoneEdit was to use its Name Servers. I do not want my host Name Servers. to be displayed.

zesupport

Staff member
Hello- if you connect to your web host using a DNS record method rather than their name servers- this means you will be still using ZE name servers.