More issues with domain and mail forwarding

Rohime

After many years of no issues at all with zone-edit About three days ago mail forwarding to google apps / g-suite mail and my custom URL on g-suite/google apps stopped working.

Looks like something is broke with name servers. In particular i seems to have lost a SUB-DOMAIN.
domain beschdah.com seems to be working alright, but i had a full google apps config based around the sub-domain called staff.beschdah.com which doesnt seem to be configured anywhere any more.

When using NSLOOKUP on a local device, or http : // network-tools.com/nslook/ i get response "Name server failed" on the sub-domain.

I saw the previous post on a probably related topic, but it hasn't fixed my issue. Timing is probably the same. ( about Tuesday November 29th plus or minus a day)
I need my sub-domain back so i can re-configure it. Any ideas how can i can resolve?
Any comments appreciated.

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
Hi there

its possible that the sub domain was never marked as active and as such was removed upon our new server upgrade. I have added that sub domain back presently with its last zone file intact.

I hope this helps and sorry for the inconvenience.

sandy

Rohime

Cheers - the sub-zone is back now.
Not quite working, but i should be able to sort if from here myself i expect.
Going away for the weekend, so if i do need extra help it will be in a couple of days.
Thanks for your help !!

Rohime

OK - so im still a bit screwed. No matter what i do with Name Servers, i cannot get my sub-domain staff.beschdah.com to resolve.
I'm still getting "name server failed" with no change in any config i try.

Help please ! Any ideas what is wrong ? -- i just need the name to resolve properly ...

Last edited:

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
on the parent zone file create two NS records for staff.beschdah.com

one to dns1.zoneedit.com
and one to
dns2.zoneedit.com

thanks
sandy

Rohime

Hi Sandy ...

Any chance you could take a slightly more in-depth look at my sub-domain staff.beschdah.com ??
No matter what i do (including the above) i cannot get the simplest of name resolution to occur. its always unchanging "name server error" - even with 2-4 hours for propagation between anything i try.

Thanks. - Ro.

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
this is fixed now:

p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 10.0px Monaco; color: #00f900; background-color: #000000} p.p2 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 10.0px Monaco; color: #00f900; background-color: #000000; min-height: 14.0px} span.s1 {font-variant-ligatures: no-common-ligatures} span.Apple-tab-span {white-space:pre}

dig @ns17.zoneedit.com ns staff.beschdah.com

; <<>> DiG 9.8.3-P1 <<>> @ns17.zoneedit.com ns staff.beschdah.com

; (1 server found)

;; global options: +cmd

;; Got answer:

;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 18796

;; flags: qr aa rd; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 2, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 4

;; WARNING: recursion requested but not available

;; QUESTION SECTION:

;staff.beschdah.com.INNS

;; ANSWER SECTION:

staff.beschdah.com.7200INNSdns2.zoneedit.com.

staff.beschdah.com.7200INNSdns1.zoneedit.com.

by chance did you import the zone file for the sub domain? or was it added manually?

thanks
sandy

Rohime

Hi Sandy,

Thank you very much for fixing that.
Note sure what you did - i see no difference to the configuration as i left it.

As for your question - you recovered the zone file after the original issue. Since then i've only been manually editing it.

The original zone file (for years) was only ever created manually using tools on the site.

Thanks again.

- Ro.

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
hmm the ns records did not load properly .. a manual re-load fixed it.

sandy