Missing free domains

asood

Hello. I started using zoneedit a few years ago. Until now, I only needed to use it for a single domain.
Now, I need to add a couple more, but I don't see the open slots which should be under "Add a domain" in my account. As I understand the info from the help pages, I should be able to use the free service with 5 domains.

Can someone tell me how to get the other slots activated?

My account id is asood.

Thanks,
A Sood

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
hi there

the user ID included in your message was created in 2016.. as such it would niot be considered a legacy account. If you login yo your account and then visit the link https://cp.zoneedit.com/home/feedback/ and answer the survey you will receive additional free DNS slots to use.

I hope this helps,

thanks
sandy

asood

That answers my questions. Thanks.

If you can, I have a couple of questions related to the service:
1. If I use zoneedit as my domain registrar and buy a domain name, will those services count against the free slots?
2. I currently have a domain name registered with another registrar for 5 years. Can I transfer it to zoneedit or will I lose the remainder of the 5 years?

A Sood

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
hi again

1. no... once you have added the domain name let me know ad I will make sure its on the appropriate service level.
2. the per-existing registration term will not be lost

thanks
sandy

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
Hi there

at present we do not have a pricing page as we only offer a few domain types for registration and transfers.. what domain types are you looking for?

thanks
sandy

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
zoneedit is not a .me registrar at present o we can only provide DNS services.

for .com and .ca the transfer/registration fee is $16.00 USD and includes basic DNS services

thanks
sandy

asood

I saw the pricing page https://www.zoneedit.com/pricing/
and it's a bit different. It says .com, .net or .org is $15 including free whois privacy. And .ca is $15 (but doesn't say including whois privacy).
- Is whois privacy offered with .ca?
- are these annual or one time cost (in US$)?

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
ah so sorry that is in error and will be updated later today.

the fees are annual and all fees are in US dollars.
for .ca domains whois privacy is included by CIRA at no cost to registrants. It is available for individually owned domain names but not for corporately owned domain names.

thanks
sandy

asood

Thanks for the info.

One last question: is there a Windows (or other OS) client to update the ddns records for zoneedit?