Free dns

Tony1207

Hi Sandy,

If I transfer my domain from another registrar to Zoneedit, (which still have over 12 months to expire) do I have to pay Zoneedit again or do I carry on paying after it expires?
If I do transfer my domain to Zoneedit, how many Dynamic DNS will I be able to use?

As usual, thanks for your help.

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
there would be a fee for the registrar transfer as all transfers add another year of registration to the existing expiration date.

DDNS is the same regardless of free or paid.. how many DNS records were you looking to use?

thanks
sandy

Tony1207

Thanks for your reply. If I use say 4 DDNS for my IP Cameras and one DNS to set in my router so it updates my dynamic IP, would they be free? If not, how much would they cost?
As I mentioned before, I'm very new on domains and DNS etc. but I'm willing to learn! Therefore I apologise for any inconvenience and hope I'm not wasting your time.
Thanks again Sandy
Tony

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Tony

they would all be included you can create up to 10o ddns records at present but for free accounts this will soon be limited to between 10 and 20.
With that many there is a chance that the updates come too frequently so if you can stagger the dns hosts at least 10 minutes apart
that will be helpful.

sandy

Tony1207

Ok, I think I can set the cameras and router to update manually so I can probably set them for even more than 10 minutes apart.
I'm away at the moment, but I'll check as soon as I get back home.
Also, if I do transfer my domain to Zoneedit, would my DNS still be considered as Free or as a paid member, how does it work?
Thanks again.

Tony

Last edited:

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
you can have registration with free dns with two nameservers to use or registration with Paid dns with three nameservers to use.

thanks
sandy