Free dns

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
hi there

when you click the add a domain link ... near the top of the page look for the option to add a domain as a free DNS zone.

thanks
sandy

wolka2205

I have a problem with your page when I want to add domain using this link get blank page in Firefox and HTTP 500 in Internet Explorer.

flopipopy

I have the same problem. From Safari I cannot go to the page where you fill in the domain and accept the checkboxes. But with Chrome I can go to that page, but then after filling the domain and checking all the boxes, and filing the validation text, it gives an error.

flopipopy

I've been having that error since Thursday night. Username "germiw".

Attachments

• img 2016-10-15 a la(s) 11.57.59.png
    img 2016-10-15 a la(s) 11.57.59.png
    54.1 KB · Views: 4

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
Tomaz... what is your user ID... and for the others.. I have not been able to recreate the add a domain issue...
Please send in your user ID s as well and I can take a look.

thanks
sandy

Tony1207

Hi,

I'm new with ZoneEdit and I registered with the User ID of melbu44. I also managed to add my free DNS Domain and a Portfolio. But now I cannot find anything when I sign in with melbu44, it just says that I have No Domains and asking me to Add a Domain.

I'm trying to add my free DNS to my Router which is, Asus DSL-N55U. This is where I discovered ZoneEdit.com as it's listed on the DDNS set up page alongside other DDNS Servers since we had a Firmware Update some time ago. I already deleted a previous account and started from scratch but to no avail! I also watched the videos several times already, but cannot understand why I keep loosing my Domain.

I'll be grateful if you could please help me set up my Free DNS with ZoneEdit,

Thanks
Tony M

Tony1207

Thanks for your quick reply Sandy.

I done that several times now, I must be doing something wrong somewhere. So I will try again and explain what I'm doing:

1. I Selected 'Add Free DNS Domain you have already registered'
2. In the box I entered a domain name, for this instance I entered 'myzedomain' and checked all the boxes except the last one.
3. On the next window it says 'Domain does not exist?' so after I enter the captcha, I select 'Do It Anayway'

Now I'm seeing my new domain on the Domain Administration page. From here, I followed the video for, how to set the Dynamic DNS for my Domain name. For now I set a record called 'home' and so far so good, I now have home.myzedomain.net.

Now from here on, all I see on my Domain Administration under myzedomain.net is 'Free DNS / Status: DNS Ready: OK To Delegate'. This is where I'm getting stuck. If I click on the 'OK To Delegate' a page opens where it says:

Available ZoneEdit Nameservers
ZoneEdit is not the registrar for myzedomain.net.

The following nameservers can be used with this domain:

dns1.zoneedit.com
dns2.zoneedit.com

I also folowed the instructions for the DNS Client and downloaded the Javascript. Filled up the fields and used my Dynamic Auth token, then I click on 'Start Updater'. Now under 'Status:' the 'Client Status:' turns ON green, with the time under it, but nothing in the 'Last Response:' box, it's just blank.

Sometimes when I log back in to try and carry on where I left, I don't find the domain anymore, and I have to start all over, so I think I'm selecting something wrong somewhwere or maybe I'm deleting it by mistake?.

This is probably why you didn't find any Domains under my User ID. So please try again using the above names and please let me know where am I going wrong. I have a feeling it has something to do with that Delegation part, which I can't understand.

Sorry it had to be so long, but I had to explain step by step what I've done so far. Meanwhile, it might also be helpful for other newbies like me!

Thanks in advance.
melbu44

Tony1207

Since I wrote the above, just under 2 hours ago, I signed in to my account again just now, (19:45) and to my disbelieve my Domain that I created above has disappeared again!! All I see is my real name under 'Domains' on the left side and 'Domain Administration' page without my Domain as per pic below!

ZoneEdit 2016-12-15.png

That page was populated before I signed out. Does this mean I have to Create a Domain every time I sign in?! I don't think so!

So of course Sandy, you're not going to see my Domain I created in the example above now, I think! :( So why is it being deleted?

Hoping for a favourable reply.
melbu44

Last edited:

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
what domain name are you adding?

we do not offer host records for you to use for any of our services,.,. You must have your own domain name registered elsewhere or register a new domain through us..

thanks
sandy

Tony1207

Sorry for the long delay to reply sandy.

I haven't got a Domain registered anywhere. I'm sorry for your troubles, but I'll be grateful if you could please help me out how to register a new domain with you just for my private use. If I register a new domain with Zoneedit for home use, would it also be free along with the free dns?

I now deleted my account so I will start all over again from the beginning to make sure I do everything right.

Thanks for your patient, any help would be appreciated.

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
if you click the add a domain link on the left side bar you can register a new domain via the "register a new domain" option
but it would not be free

Thanks
sandy

Tony1207

Thanks for your quick reply sandy. Is it possible to just use your free dynamic dns without a domain, just to update my ip for my cameras.
In my Asus Router DDNS Server list, ZoneEdit.com is amongst other servers, so I would like to add you as my router ddns server.

Thanks again
Tony

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Tony... sorry you would need your own domain name to use any zoneedit service

thanks
sandy

Tony1207

Oh ok, thanks a lot sandy for letting me know. At least I know now. I'll have a look again and see what I can afford.

Thanks for your help.
Tony