Dynamic Subdomain

mgroves

I've been reading through the website and I *THINK* I can do the following, but just wanted to check before I started buying credits.

• I already have a domain registered, and have a website www.mydomain.com hosted elsewhere, and email hosted at the same place.
  • I'd like to setup a subdomain, foo.mydomain.com, which uses dynamic dns to point to a server at home (ie. entirely different to where the www.mydomain.com and email is hosted)
Is this a) possible, and b) relatively easy to setup? Assuming it is possible, how many credits does this use per month? Just the one for dynamic DNS?

Cheers
Malcolm

mgroves

Thanks Sandy,

That video was really helpful. I started looking at signing up, but not really clear on what I should be buying. I started down the Add a Domain path, and it's offering something called DNS Zone. Is that right? Does that involve transferring the registrar to zoneedit, or can that remain elsewhere?

Cheers
Malcolm

mgroves

Actually, I think I worked it out. I'll keep an eye on it over the next hour or so to make sure that my web hosting still resolves properly.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers
Malcolm

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
DNS zone is dns services only ad does not include a registrar transfer. You can click the switch registrar link on the domain settings tab if that is what you would like to do.

thanks
sandy