DDNS via Synology -> Authentication Failed

NWeytens

Since I upgraded my Synology NAS to DSM 5.2 I'm getting strange behavior from DDNS. Every morning when my NAS is powered on I get a message "Authentication Failed". My external IP registered to my ZoneEdit account is correct though.
I'm sure of my account config in my NAS, cause when during the day I try "Update Now" sometimes the state changes to "Normal", other times it's "Authentication Failed" again.

Like I said, my IP is registered correctly, so I can still connect home from wherever I'm at. But it's just annoying to get a mail every morning...
Not sure if it's a problem with DSM 5.2 (I have a forum topic @ Synology and nobody else seems to have this) or a misconfig in my ZoneEdit profile (which I haven't changed in months).

Anyone?

NWeytens

Earlier this week Synology support remotely connected to my NAS to check what's wrong. Apparently they had an issue with their MyDS system, which caused the daily false-positive notification. After removing my MyDS account from my config, the problem hasn't reappeared.
In the meantime they've fixed the issue at their end, and I've readded my the MyDS account.

So nothing was wrong for the ZoneEdit sync :)

ares2007

Hello,

I'm having the same problem - i confirm that the IP has not changed, but the notifications are still coming even if nothing should...

Any ideas how I can get rid of this error?

upload_2017-4-1_19-45-59.png

Thank you

NWeytens

Syno support suggested me to change a couple of general settings: use a public DNS instead of referring to my router, don't use jumbo frames, don't use NTP, and on other thing I've already forgotten. None helped, so I just reverted to my old settings a few days later.