Changing IP Addresses

mpropato

Hi, I am user of a Free DNS service, I have the domain tecnocommerce.com.ar that has the IP address 181.95.145.166 and that IP address is the one registered into the zoneedit web page. But when I do perform nslookups on the domain tecnocommerce.com.ar the answer is toggling constantly between 181.195.145.166 and this other IP address 181.170.206.119 that is not valid. what may be the problem? I need assistance ASAP since I can't run my webpage nor my email. Thanks in advance. Martín Propato

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
hi there

sorry about that... I have reloaded the zone file and the proper is now in place.

thanks
sandy

mpropato

Sandy, Thanks a lot! now tecnocommerce.com.ar works fine, but I have the same issue with horizonconsulting.com.ar, can you fix that as well?
Martín

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
done

if you could please change the DYN records soa to be no less then 600 seconds that should help.

thanks
sandy

mpropato

Sandy, I did it, I changed to 600 seconds. Let's see how it works. Thank you very much for your help! Martín

mpropato

Sandy I need your assistance again, for the two zones tecnocommerce.com.ar and horizonconsulting.com.ar, the new IP address is 181.170.232.90, and that is reflected in zoneedit page, but when I do a nslookup of the zones I get 181.95.145.166, why is that? what is going on? Martín

mpropato

Hi Sandy, It seems that the only name server that works fine is ns14.zoneedit.com can you confirm? I left both zoned with only ns14.zoneedit.com. I look forward to your response. Martín

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
Please re-delegate: ns12

dig @ns12.zoneedit.com a tecnocommerce.com.ar

; <<>> DiG 9.8.3-P1 <<>> @ns12.zoneedit.com a tecnocommerce.com.ar
; (1 server found)
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 8214
;; flags: qr aa rd; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0
;; WARNING: recursion requested but not available

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;tecnocommerce.com.ar. IN A

;; ANSWER SECTION:
tecnocommerce.com.ar. 600 IN A 181.170.232.90

and let me know when complete

thanks.
andy

mpropato

Andy, ns12 does not have the updated information if you dig NS14 and NS12 both provide different answers I have tried both zones tecnocommerce.com.ar and horizonconsulting.com.ar, seems that the only NS that has updated information is NS14. I need two to delegate the zone. I do not know of any other name server that I can use, please your answer.

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
dns2.zoneedit.com and dns3.zoneedit.com then.... new NS clusters.
Please change at the registrar and the ns records in the domains zoneedit zone files as well.

thanks
sandy